Facilities at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a diverse, environmentally and safety conscious, and effective organization comprised of innovative professionals whose mission is to deliver remarkable customer service in the planning, design, construction, maintenance and operations of university facilities, grounds and infrastructure.
In carrying out this mission, Facilities brings together the efforts of five areas:
- Capital Improvement Administration is responsible for coordination of capital project planning, establishment of capital project authority, serve as main contact with the Office of State Budget and Management and UNC General Administration regarding capital projects. This area is also responsible for overseeing that all capital project expenditures are made in compliance with state budget regulations and for financial project close out.
- Facilities Design and Construction proactively manages the university’s capital improvement program including campus master planning, and design and construction of projects, in order to minimize financial risk and achieve the best possible results in meeting program requirements, budget and schedule.
- Facilities Operations provides support services for day to day campus operations including grounds maintenance, central utilities plants and distribution, energy management, waste reduction and recycling, preventive and corrective maintenance of building systems, custodial services, work order information systems and customer relations and assessment.
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program: The goal of HUB program is to provide HUB firms equal access to enhance participate fully in the university’s design and construction program.
- Sustainability in Operations: The sustainability in operations area provides expert advice and support to operations program managers in the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of sustainability initiatives at each of the operations program areas.